The mission of Horizon Science Academy Cleveland Middle School is to create a learning community in which:
- teachers, parents and students work together to develop young people who are confident and achieve academic excellence in a powerful college prep curriculum;
- students do not question “whether” they will go to college, but instead ask “when” and “where”;
- students understand that with hard work, dreams are possible;
- students develop the skills in math, science, and technology necessary to become bold inquirers, analytical thinkers, and ethical leaders in the 21st century; and
- students are empowered to become productively engaged in the local community and broader society.
We create a school culture that is built on success, respect, and accountability. The founders of Horizon Science Academy Cleveland Middle School recognize that the success of students is dependent upon the school’s ability to create a culture that fosters meaningful, sustained relationships between teachers, students, and parents and holds all stakeholders responsible for outcomes.
It is this culture that forms the foundation of our school. Horizon Science Academy Cleveland Middle School builds this culture from the point of first contact with families and throughout the students’ academic experience.
Vision of Horizon Science Academy Cleveland Middle School:
- 90 % or above in Math and English in state tests
- 95 % student retention, attendance, and promotion
- Establish an effective character education program embedded in curriculum
- High staff retention rate
- Excellent parent and student satisfaction
- Provide engaging, diverse, and effective extracurricular activities
- Productive community involvement