Horizon Science Academy Cleveland Middle School was created as a tuition-free college preparatory middle school in Cleveland. Since its inception in 2005, HSA has achieved rapid progress in its mission to prepare graduates for 21st century careers. The academic regimen is grounded in a strong conviction that in order to succeed after graduation students must be prepared for careers in a technology-based future. HSA was designed to address the shift from a manufacturing economic base to a global science and knowledge-based economy. The school provides an innovative, standards-based curriculum with an emphasis on math, science and technology.
- Our school received an HONOR ROLL AWARD FROM OHIO COALITION FOR QUALITY EDUCATION two years in a row (2009-2010 and 2010-2011).
- Horizon Science Academy Cleveland Middle School (HSACMS) received its report card for 2010-2011 school year with an “Excellent” rating
- HSACMS received its report card for 2009-2010 school year with an “Effective” rating:
- Our school was featured in “Needles in a Haystack” report released by Thomas B. Fordham Foundation, profiling eight high-performing schools pulled out of 816 public schools in the State of Ohio in May 2010:
- We were also featured in Plain Dealer on May 26, 2010 along with two other schools in Cleveland http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/05/three_cleveland_schools_lauded.html
- One of our English/Language Arts teachers, Mrs.Anne Kline was awarded “Distinguished Educator Award” by Ursuline College, and featured in Channel 5 News on April 5, 2010
Bound by a deep belief that all children can succeed, and must succeed in order to lead, teachers, parents and guardians, guidance counselors, and administrators have developed a team approach to learning that has proven successful at Horizon Science Academy Cleveland Middle School.